NewsBack to newsroom
AfrAsia bags Best FX Bank & Best Private Bank by two renowned awarding
AfrAsia Bank has recently been awarded the title “Best FX Bank in Mauritius” at the Global Finance’s Gordon W. Platt Foreign Exchange Awards 2023 held on Wednesday, February 22 at Glaziers Hall in London. These awards reward banks whose FX departments provide superior guidance and performance to their clients. The 2023 winners were chosen based on wide-ranging criteria, including transaction volume, scope of global coverage and competitive pricing.
AfrAsia Bank also won the “Best Private Bank in Mauritius 2022” from EMEA Finance for the second consecutive year - another recognition testifying to its service standards and the quality of its financial offerings in the private banking space. EMEA Finance, a specialist in reporting financial and banking development in Europe, Middle East and Africa, acknowledges banks for the best overall performance by country and region based on their strategic initiatives to drive the progress of the financial industry.
For Thierry Vallet, Interim CEO at AfrAsia Bank, winning these two international awards have set the pace for 2023 in creating more value for the Bank’s stakeholders: “Our robustness and resilience ensured that we have the ability to execute our strategy for long-term profitable growth, both for our clients and our business. These international awards attest that we are going in the right direction and they are a tangible proof of the team’s commitment of continuously enhancing our service offerings to best match our clients’ financial aspirations whilst deepening the relationship we have built with them over the years.”
Other notable achievers by these award bodies include JP Morgan, BNP Paribas, Citi, JP Morgan Chase and Morgan Stanley - being enlisted as a winner alongside these renowned financial banking institutions helps to position Mauritius internationally amongst the best
- Tariff Guide - Non Resident (Applicable as from 15 March 2023)
- Tariff Guide - Resident (Applicable as from 15 March 2023)
- Bank of Mauritius Template on Fees, Charges and Commissions
- MBA Communiqué - Moody’s reviews Government of Mauritius rating
- Mauritius exits EU list of High-risk third countries on 13 March 2022
- MBA Communique - Mauritius exits UK High-Risk Third Countries list
- MBA Communiqué - Le "Skimming" - Clonage des Cartes Bancaires & ATMs
- MBA Code of Ethics and of Banking Practice